Human Resources Generalist/Manager
This role is located in Elkhart, Indiana
Want to be a part of a fast-growing, high-tech company that is launching new products nationally and experiencing exceptional growth for themselves and their high performing employees? Value working as a team and striving to reach important goals? Enjoy an environment that is relaxed, fun, and flexible - with time spent with coworkers at the outdoor picnic table?
- Then, Truma has a place for you!
Who We Are:
Truma is a leading international manufacturer of highly developed heating and air conditioning equipment, as well as comfort accessories for travel trailers, motorhomes, boats and utility vehicles. Our global success and top market share comes from our customer focus, innovation, product quality and outstanding service. Truma is a medium-sized, family-oriented company with about 600 employees globally and a long history going back more than 70 years.
What We Offer:
- Exciting entrepreneurial, family-oriented work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries, travel mileage reimbursements, excellent health benefit reimbursements
- Simple IRA with Company Match!
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, informal recognition and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role!
What You’ll Do:
As the Human Resource Generalist/Manager, you will manage, administer and support the Office Management and Human Resource activities and initiatives for the group, focused on the mission and goals of the business.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- You will administer the day-to-day General Office, Human Resource, and Payroll practices, policies and programs, focused on the goals of the organization along with the needs of the team members for a balanced approach.
- You will manage and administer new or enhanced Human Resource practices, policies or programs, ensuring effective implementation and smooth communication to all team members of the organization.
- You will manage and coordinate effective recruiting and onboarding processes to hire and retain top talent by building a candidate pipeline, enhancing the Truma brand through community-related events, and networking with other HR professionals in the area.
- You will manage and coordinate the performance management programs that will measure team member success towards business goals and align development towards increased mutual success.
- You will manage and coordinate the compensation and benefit programs, with the Executive team, ensuring competitive programs that will enhance the ability to recruit and retain talent.
- You will act as a “Credible Activist” to build relationships of trust and integrity within the team to ensure engaging, fair and compliant employee relations practices.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Leadership, or HR; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience: 3+ years of progressive experience in human resources and payroll functions with internal and remote employees.
- Certification(s): SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
- Functional Skills: Experienced with coordinating, managing and supporting the HR activities and initiatives around Talent Management, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, and other HR practices, policies, and processes to ensure compliance within a growing environment. Excellent ability to problem-solve and provide logical, credible guidance calmly; great with priorities and project management, prioritization, managing details, and follow-through.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Experienced with HRIS, Payroll, and other online applications, with the ability to learn proprietary software required; Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written skillset; able to present and train employees on new HR policies.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Demonstrates a high customer-service and support personality who has a strength in educating others towards best practices; forward thinking, with the ability to be discrete with confidential information, who is able to be collaborative and resourceful; is self-directed and can work well within a general set of guidelines. Advises management of obstacles and provides suggestions on thoughtful options based on facts.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Professional in appearance, polished in professional behaviors, assertive personality to work with all employee groups well; who is accountable, fact and compliance driven, employee-focused, and team-oriented to create engagement and enhancements within the related HR / department areas.
Other Important Information:
Salary/Pay: Pay is commensurate with proven expertise.
And, the compensation will grow as the team grows! _
Reports To: CEO
Core Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (schedule can be slightly flexible): will work approx. 8-9 hours per day within this timeframe
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekend work (when applicable); 45 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: none
Travel: Limited; Approximately 5% or less
Job Type: Full-time
Learn more about our family and apply with us today!
Visit our website at: www.truma.net
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer