Customer Care Representative
This role is located in Elkhart, Indiana
Want to be a part of a fast-growing, high-tech company that is launching new products nationally and experiencing exceptional growth for themselves and their high performing employees? Value working as a team and striving to reach important goals? Enjoy an environment that is relaxed, fun, and flexible - with time spent with coworkers at the outdoor picnic table?
- Then, Truma has a place for you!
Who We Are:
Truma is a leading international manufacturer of highly developed heating and air conditioning equipment, as well as comfort accessories for travel trailers, motorhomes, boats and utility vehicles. Our global success and top market share comes from our customer focus, innovation, product quality and outstanding service. Truma is a medium-sized, family-oriented company with about 600 employees globally and a long history going back more than 70 years.
What We Offer:
- Exciting entrepreneurial, family-oriented work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries, travel mileage reimbursements, excellent health benefit reimbursements
- Simple IRA with Company Match!
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, informal recognition and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role!
What You’ll Do:
As the Customer Care Rep, you will provide over the phone training and support to customers on product needs, ensuring timely and effective service, to maintain and enhance customer satisfaction.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Handles incoming calls for Truma and timely transfers those to the corresponding party to meet the customer’s needs.
- Assists with After Market Customers in setting appointments with the Service Center or Mobile Service Technicians in a timely and efficient way.
- Provides help desk support for OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers), Dealers and end users on general product questions or issues, ensuring accurate and timely service.
- Provides over the phone basic instructional product support for the dealer service techni-cians to ensure dealers are up to date and well equipped to handle the servicing and/or troubleshooting as needed with our products.
- Maintains strong working relationships with GmbH (Truma Germany) Service area to ensure collaboration and open communication throughout the organization.
- Processes warranty claims for end-users, dealers and OEM customers ensuring these are processed accurately and timely.
- Education: Associates degree in a related field preferred; would consider a High School grad-uate / GED with direct customer service experience.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in Customer Service / Support capacity
- Certifications: N/A
- Functional Skills: Strong problem resolution skills, with a technical/mechanical aptitude to learn basic product service, troubleshooting, and support for the Truma products. Ability to han-dle calls and enter information into a database at the same time. Strong attention to detail with the ability to move efficiently to new calls.
- Technology Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required; database experience preferred.
- Language Skills: Solid verbal and written communication skills required
- Leadership/Behaviors: Strong customer focus and a sense of urgency is required; ability to build relationships, collaborate on best practices, and provide ongoing support to customers and team members is also important.
- Culture Match: Reliable and able to work within a close team while possessing individual ac-countability for the role is key. Teachable and excited to learn.
Other Important Information:
Position Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
This position is eligible for a discretionary bonus! And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Head of Customer Care
Core Hours: 8 am – 5 pm (schedule can be flexible); will work approx. 8 hours within this timeframe)
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends & OT required (when applicable); 40-45 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: None
Travel: Limited to none
Have other questions? Contact Us!
Email: HRC Team or Contact: 574-286-2037
Visit our website at: www.truma.net
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer